There is a lot of information already written on the Douglass family, and I have found a lot of William Douglasses. This one was born 279 or 280 years ago today on 7 February 1731 or 1732 in New London, CT. Here is some information that I have found on him.
A collection of family records: with biographical sketches bearing the name Douglas
Charles Henry James Douglas
WILLIAM5 DOUGLAS (William4 Richard3, William2, William1), born in New London, Conn., Feb. 7, 1731-2. He married, May 31, 1752, Mary, daughter of Ivory and Mary Lucas, of New London. He was first constable and collector in New London from 1764 to 1772. He died Oct. 1, 1805. She died Jan. 31, 1810, aged 83 years. Children, born in New London :—
242. i. William6, b. Sept. 29, 1753; m. Lucretia Caulkins.
ii. Margaret6, b. Feb. 19, 1755; m. Joseph Tinker, N. London.
iii. Mary6, b. Dec. 25, 1757; m. Stephen Morgan, N. London; set. Wethersfield.
243. iv. Caleb6, b. April 16, 1760; m. Grace Morgan.
244. v. Ivory6, b. 1761; m. Phebe Smith.
vi. Samuel6, b. abt. 1763; m. Deborah, dau. Samuel Morgan, N. London; d. s.p.
245. vii. Jonathan6, b. Aug. 31, 1765; m. Abigail Lay.
viii. Sarah6, b. 1767; d. young.
240. ix. Daniel6, b. 1770; m. 1st, Lucy6 Douglas, 2d, Amelia6 Douglas.
247. x. Josiah6, b. 1772; m. 1st, Mary Griswold, 2d, Mrs. Elizabeth (Starr) Bishop.
xi. Richard6, b. 1774; d. young.